Friday 28 September 2012

Summer in Sea



After a nice 35-minute ferry ride, Abby and I escaped from Seattle’s busy Friday afternoon to this beautiful island by Puget Sound. I think I've found my favourite place in the Northwest of America.

Bainbridge is a perfect mini community - one main street with arts & crafts, cafes, bookstores, antique shops...I have no idea why there are so many shops selling delicate crafts on a small town of a small island. Apparently, tranquility and good coffee are the best friends of arts. I envy Seattleites.



We had a great time there touching all the colourful fluffs in the Churchmouse Yarns shop. Although displayed a large number of finished knitting products, Churchmouse only sold the yarns, in order to inspire, but not to spoil, its customers. The shop also had teas and ceramics - what else could be more relaxing than knitting and drinking tea? Oh yes, a cat and some jazz, please. 

A perfect day for sightseeing, photo taking and window shopping.

Francophiles everywhere!

Lovely hillside houses by the water.

Seattle looks like a mini Hong Kong from my ferryride.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment