Monday 24 September 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

It's another good day today. Seattle has warmly welcome me with her longest summer. I am entirely spellbound everytime I see the view from Capitol Hill. In front of the deep green mountains and the glistening lakes, standing on the efforts of millions of years of terraforming, and here we are - the Space Needle and grunge.



Things are happening, within these three weeks in Seattle. Writing reviews, finding students, getting volunteer opportunities - I am completing my list, probably faster than I realise! I still have a live review on Wild Nothing and DIIV waiting to be finished; needless to say there are a great deal of museums and galleries awaiting my visit. Besides, I'm happy that before I get really busy, I've finished two books and learned how to make sushi. 

Feeling nervous yet very excited, all I need to do now is to take a deep breath and embrace my life in the Northwest while singing "Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes". And since we need not to worry about our reputation in a new place, this is EXACTLY what we are going to do: http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

I feel like I can go out now and spend hours on an arcade dancing machine!



2 comments:

  1. Do you have any recommendations for which dB festival shows to go to?

    Which arcade dancing machine did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, I actually don't know most of the artists other than DJ Shadow and Bonobo.

      Haven't found an arcade here yet, just heard that there's an arcade in Ballard! So much to explore in Seattle!

      Delete